High Protein Delight–Red Quinoa
Want to lose weight a healthy way?
This dish provides a balance of all essential amino acids and is a considered a complete protein. A wonderful to serve as a side dish or have as your main course.
First rinse your quinoa to remove the natural saponin coating, which can be quite bitter. A wonderful side dish or have this as your main course. Allow 30 minutes for preparation and cooking time.
2 cups red quinoa
- 2 cups of water
2 Tlb. olive oil
- 1/3 cup green onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper
- 1 cup zucchini, dice in small cubes
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp. zest orange peel
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano, diced or 1 tsp. (dried)
- 3 sprigs of fresh basil, diced or 1 tsp. (dried)
- 1 dash of red chili pepper (optional)
- Herbamare to flavor for salt replacement
Prepare your vegetables and set aside. Add quinoa to water, cook over medium heat for 25 minutes or until cooked and fluffy. Sauté vegetables in olive oil with orange zest and seasonings. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add orange juice, cook for several minutes.
Have fun and enjoy!
Alice Anne Millington