Want to lose weight a healthy way?
This is one of my tasty delicious soups that provide a good source of fiber, omega 3 fatty acids, protein, vitamins and minerals. A highly nutritious meal that is easy and affordable.
- 15 oz. Organic Great Northern Beans (rinsed)
- 32 oz. Chicken Stock (OR) 16 oz. vegetable stock
- 6 cups of water
- 14.5 oz. Organic Fire Roasted Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 4-5 cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 1 yellow Summer Squash (OR) 1 Zucchini
- 1/2 cup Fresh Italian Parsley
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Organic Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Rice Cooking Wine (Miren)
- 1 tsp. Summer Savory
- 1/2 tsp. dried Basil
- 2 Tbsp. dried Onion
- 1/4 tsp. dried Celery Seed
- 1 tsp. dried Oregano
Sauté vegetables with olive oil in a pan for 5 minutes. Add vegetables to the stock mixture. In a large pot combine chicken stock with water, heat until boiling then add vegetables and cook on medium-low heat. Stir in seasonings and cook for 40 minutes. Add the crushed tomatoes, rice vinegar, Miren and parsley, cook for another 20 minutes.
Have fun preparing your vegetables! Chop, slice, cube, diagonal, shredding, the list goes on.
Alice Anne Millington